Warranty of lifetime for-
• The bicycle frame, except on models intended for downhill purposes.
Warranty of ten years for-
• Rigid forks.
Warranty of three years for-
• Frames on models intended for downhill purpose.
Warranty of one year for-
• Paint finish and decals.
• All other original parts, including rear shock linkages, but excluding non Giant Brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers. (All non Giant brand parts, suspension forks, and rear shock absorbers shall be covered exclusively by the stated warranty of their original manufacturer.)
REQUIRED ASSEMBLY WHEN PURCHASED
This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from an Authorized Giant Dealer and assembled by that dealer at the time of purchase.
Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the dole discretion of Giant. This warranty extends from the date of purchase, applies only to the original owner, and is not transferable. In no event shall Giant be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
The above warranty, or any implied warranty, does not cover:
• Normal wear and tear on parts such as tires, chains, brakes, cables and gearwheels in situations
• Bicycles serviced by other than Authorized Giant dealer.
• Modifications from the original condition.
• Use of the bicycle for abnormal, competition and/or commercial activities or for purposes other than those for which the bicycle was designed.
• Damage caused by failing to follow the owner’s manual.
• Paint finish and decal damage resulting from taking part in competitions, jumping, downhill and/or training for such activities or events or as a result of exposing the bike to, or riding the bike in, severe conditions or climates.
• Labour charges for part replacement or changeover.
Except as is provided by this warranty and subject to all additional warranties Giant and its employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default) arising from or concerning any Giant bicycle.
Giant makes no other warranties, express or implied. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited in duration to that of the express warranties stated above.
Any claim against this warranty must be made through an Authorized Giant Dealer or distributor. The purchase receipt or the proof of the date of purchase is requires before a warranty claim may be processed.
Warranty duration and detail may differ by frame type.
IMPORTANT: Write down your Giant bicycle model and serial number for your records. Check with your Authorized Giant Dealer to determine the serial number location. Put your receipt of sale or proof of purchase in this manual for reference. This record will also help you with any police investigation or insurance claim.
• Model Number
• Serial Number
• Date of Purchased
• Dealer Name
• Dealer Address
Note: Giant Bicycle, Inc., cannot guarantee individual records of serial numbers. If there is loss or theft, your personal records will be needed. Your bill of safe should be kept for any warranty service.
Position of the Frame Serial Number
You will find the frame number of your Giant bicycle on the seat tube near the bottom bracket shell (crankset housing), on the underside of the bottom bracket shell or on the left rear dropout (rear hub).